Get your flu shot | News
BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER)--Doctors offices, pharmacies, and clinics are starting to see a spike in people coming in seeking flu shots. Health officials say that is a good thing.
State Health officials and hospital infection experts say this year's outbreak appears to be the worst since 2009.
They are urging you to take precautions and to get vaccinated if you haven't already. In addition to getting vaccinated, Health officials are urging people with flu-like symptoms to stay home to curb the spread of the virus. If you haven't got a flu shot yet, you can call your doctor's office to set up an appointment.
Several pharmacies and walk-in clinics also offer flu vaccines. And there are a number of helpful websites too like www.flu.gov that have a list of places in your area where you can find flu shots. All you have to do is type in your zip code and it will give you a list of places near you.
Top Katahdin Stories
Upcoming Events near Katahdin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Murder arrest made in case of missing teen Nichole Cable
- Inside the Maine Baseball locker room before postseason
- U. Maine system directors freeze tuition rates, hear teacher's concerns at budget meeting
- Students sit down to interview war veterans
- Fort Benning names new barracks after Dexter soldier killed in Vietnam
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail