ATV crash injures 3 in Penobscot County | News
LEE, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - An A.T.V. Crash in the Penobscot County town of Burlington sent three people to the hospital Saturday.
They are all expected to survive.
The Warden Service says around 4:45 PM 68 year old Paul Boucher from Lewiston was riding with his two grandchildren on Madagascal Pond Road when he met another A.T.V. coming from the other direction.
The man swerved to avoid the ATV, overcorrected and wound up rolling in a ditch.
As the machine rolled, it pinned the man, his 12 year old granddaughter and a 3 year old.
He suffered injuries to his legs, chest and neck.
The driver of the other ATV, 41 year old Rachel Dorais from Biddeford, was traveling with a group. They stopped to help the man and in their haste, didn't turn off their machines.
Another young rider in that group accidentally hit the accelerator on the ATV she was riding on, causing it to barrel forward into the people trying to help the grandfather.
Warden Boyer says two of those helpers were injured and, along with the grandfather, were taken to Penobscot Valley Hospital.
Boyer says all three are doing well and are expected to make full recoveries.
He doesn't anticipate any charges in connection with the incident.
Top Katahdin Stories
Upcoming Events near Katahdin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Murder arrest made in case of missing teen Nichole Cable
- Inside the Maine Baseball locker room before postseason
- U. Maine system directors freeze tuition rates, hear teacher's concerns at budget meeting
- Students sit down to interview war veterans
- Fort Benning names new barracks after Dexter soldier killed in Vietnam
- Maine Sports Hall of Fame to induct Skowhegan field hockey coach
- Raymond native induced to US skiing Hall of Fame
- Budget Cuts Slash Senior Center Hours of Operation
- University of Maine at Farmington Features Reading by Maine Author Monica Wood, April 11
- Somerset County feuds with state over payment for jail